[lbo-talk] Age

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Oct 7 14:45:18 PDT 2004

At 05:03 PM 10/7/2004, Dennis Perrin wrote:
>Quick aging anecdote -- Just picked up my daughter at her high school
>(she's working on sets for the fall musical), and I had Springsteen's
>"Rosalita" playing in the car, windows down. She's runs up to the car door
>and says, "Dad! Please turn that down! It's embarrassing!"
>
>"One of Springsteen's best songs (and perhaps one of my fave rock songs
>ever) is embarrassing?"
>
>"Yes! It's soooo uncool!"
>
>Did I mention that I turn 45 on Sat? How uncool is that?
>
>DP

LOL! My son did the EXACT same thing to me when he was in middle school. It was actually some more recent alt rock stuff that was on WMNF during drive time. What was embarrassing, evidently, was that mom actually had the music blasting as she pulled in to pick him up!

Now that he's older, he actually thinks it's cool that I listen to some of the same stuff he listens to. They get over it.

Happy Almost Birthday!

--

"As to my Boxers, keep off of them, they are great dogs and like a lot of Germans, they can smell beer from a long way off."

--Anton Benjamin Skoumal, Politics list