[lbo-talk] Age

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Oct 8 06:19:16 PDT 2004

> All through my sons' childhoods, I played nothing but classical music
> and jazz, but it had no effect on their musical tastes at all (except
> that my older son developed some interest in the latter). But they
> developed a tolerance for my odd musical tastes early on, and have
> always been polite enough not to complain about my lack of coolness.
> (Or would that be my "warmness"?)
>

> Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org

My daughter has yet to swipe my Coltrane collection, but she does listen to classical (her mother's influence), and is learning both the piano and cello. And I don't have a prob with her thinking I'm uncool or what I listen to sucks. I love it that she has strong opinions and evolving tastes. That's all I've ever wanted for my kids -- think for yourself and don't buy the bullshit. They're both like this, though my son and I are currently bonding over Marvel and DC comics. What's better than that?

DP