[lbo-talk] Age

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 8 09:20:48 PDT 2004

Duncan M. Clark wrote:

>Instead, let me mention that despite the hype and hagiography and
>treatises by middling social historians, and whatever the limitations
>of his oeuvre, there is beyond the music itself more than a kernel of
>value in the whole Springsteen trip.

Oh I agree. I wanna like Bruce - in fact I did for a while in the mid-70s after the first two albums came out. But it didn't wear well on me - too anthemic and repetitive. He's an admirable guy in many ways. But I'd rather listen to John Cougar Mellencamp, if you're talking working class authenticity.

Doug