[lbo-talk] capt kirk

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 8 09:28:33 PDT 2004

>OK, I've been meaning to ask this for awhile:

>Wm Shatner's music is self-parody, right?

I don't know if his old stuff was, but it should have been. When I hear his 'Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds' it reminds me that whatever I did in the 70's, I was a rank amatuer, some people had been playing with some serious drugs for a long time to come up with that stuff.

His new album is, apparently, pretty good, and not 'pretty good for .....a.......guy....whotalks......like...this'. I've seen a couple of positive reviews, apparently it's not an unintentional comedy album.

His role in 'Free Enterprise' was his best self parody; 'My friends call me Bill. You can call me Mr. Shatner'. The porn, rap Shakespeare and Julius Ceaser with Shatner wanting to play 14 parts.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon