[lbo-talk] frat idiocy

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 8 09:42:40 PDT 2004

Howard Fineman is a dreadful hack, and this is further proof. Also from today's Romenesko:

<http://betathetapi.org/publications/magazine.htm> Fineman believes Bush once gave him a frat handshake

Beta Theta Pi Magazine Newsweek correspondent and Beta Theta Pi member Howard Fineman says President Bush may have once given him the Delta Kappa Epsilon handshake. "But I sure didn't give him the Beta grip," he adds. "Understanding the role of fraternity in American life is important and relevant. It has helped me to understand George W. Bush. I appreciate him more and understand him better because of my fraternity experience." (Click on "Read current issue of The Beta Theta Pi online" for the magazine in PDF format.)