[lbo-talk] Avoiding Bad Taste

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Fri Oct 8 15:55:10 PDT 2004

Do you hear yourself? You're saying you think U.S. foreign policy is based on a concern about what's good for common people in the 3rd World? Are you bloody serious? Really?

Question for you: If that's the case, why does the memo I cited mention, under "A. Dimensions of the Problem," U.S. investments in Chile and the possibility that Chile would repudiate its debts to U.S. banks, and yet mention not a single word anywhere about the welfare of the Chilean people?

You are stunningly ignorant! I'm truly shocked and horrified that you can read that memo and tell yourself it's all about helping Chileans! Wow and Double wow! How do you sleep at night?