[lbo-talk] Doomed

Patrick Bond pbond at sn.apc.org
Fri Oct 8 22:08:48 PDT 2004

Haven't seen ecoequity site yet, but there is a brand new 'Campaign Against Climate Aggression' - based on campaigning by dozens of excellent Third World and northern ecojustice activist groups - which in Durban, South Africa we began to establish this week. One of the main concerns is the false market 'solution' to the market problem of C02 emissions: carbon trading. 'Phanzi carbon trading, phanzi,' (away!), was the snappy slogan of a leading Soweto activist, to a public workshop of 150 people Wednesday night. Stay tuned...

Ciao, Patrick (new gig: http://www.ukzn.ac.za/ccs)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon Johanning" <jjohanning at igc.org>