[lbo-talk] nader and his detractors...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Oct 9 09:22:54 PDT 2004

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>I agree with Brad and Deborah that combining local and national
>campaigns makes eminent sense. I'm only opposed to the idea that
>the Green Party (or any other third party on the left that may come
>into being in the future) should concentrate only on local
>elections, abstaining from national politics.

What do you mean by "national politics"? The presidency? That seems hyperambitious for a party that can barely tie its shoes, and has shown no sign of having grown from a series of presidential runs. Congress? That seems a lot more reasonable to me. I'm voting for McReynolds for Senate in NY, in fact.

Doug