[lbo-talk] Nader and his detractors

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Oct 9 14:55:58 PDT 2004

James Heartfield wrote:

>"Whether you're inspired by a real enthusiasm for Nader,
>or merely want to lodge a defensible, effective protest vote,
>pulling the lever for Ralph where you can,
>or writing in his name where you can't,
>is probably the best you can do in 1996."
>
>Whereas in 2004, the retrospective judgement on Nader is
>"It was individualist
>adventurism and little else."

Yeah, I feel like I learned something in the last 8 years: that Nader failed to deliver on the promise of movement-building, and that some Republican administrations can be very very bad.

You negelected to quote this bit:

Etc.

My latest on Ralph: <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Election2004.html>.

Doug