[lbo-talk] Nader and His Detractors

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Mon Oct 11 04:32:43 PDT 2004

---- Original Message ----- From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>
>The Democratic and Republican Parties bear equal responsibilities for
>restrictive ballot access laws (which make it extraordinarily
>difficult for any party or candidate that is not pre-approved by the
>ruling class to get on ballots) and burdensome voter registration
>procedures

Yoshie, how can an intelligent person spew such falsehoods on a continual basis?

It was Democrats who pushed through the Motor Voter law who expanded voter registration ease across the country. And during the HAVA negotiations, it was Democrats pushing for open voting and it was the GOP who forced through amendments to restrict identity verification procedures.

Yoshie, your ignorance/lies on this point are Bush-like lies that ignore all reality. I work in an office that has multiple staff people fighting rightwing efforts to deny people their vote and your statements are an insult to the wide range of people, overwhelmingly Democrats, who are fighting to expand and defend the vote for working class folks.

Instead of insulting other peoples activism, why don't you defend your own?

Nathan Newman