[lbo-talk] Carbonoia?

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 11 06:05:05 PDT 2004

Ian sent this article to us LOBsters:

Climate fear as carbon levels soar

Scientists bewildered by sharp rise of CO2 in atmosphere for second year running

Paul Brown, environment correspondent Monday October 11, 2004 The Guardian

An unexplained and unprecedented rise in carbon dioxide in the atmosphere two years running has raised fears that the world may be on the brink of runaway global warming.

Scientists are baffled why the quantity of the main greenhouse gas has leapt in a two-year period and are concerned that the Earth's natural systems are no longer able to absorb as much as in the past.

The findings will be discussed tomorrow ....

Well, I guess we should take a wait and see attitude. Our leaders know best. They have promised to act legally and are all very moral people. We know that in the end, they will take care of us.

Praise boss from whom all blessings fall Praise trickle down and interest rates Praise father son and holy ghosts Praise all the shites who rule us all.

Ah hell,

Mike B)

===== "In the shadow of its own incomplete emancipation the bourgeois consciousness must fear to be annulled by a more advanced consciousness; not being the whole freedom, it senses that it can produce only a caricature of freedom-- hence its theoretical expansion of its autonomy into a system similar to its own coercive mechanisms."

Adorno, NEGATIVE DIALECTICS

http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal