[lbo-talk] Derrida dead

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 11 13:36:07 PDT 2004

> Eubulides wrote:
>
> "... The chief problem with modernism, say the
> postmodernists, is its loony aspiration to
> speechlessness. Shut up: I have proof. Shut up: this
> is avant garde painting. Shut up." [Deidre McCloskey]

On 60 Minutes recently O'Reilly said>...We went back and did research on the last six years of 'The Factor.' Do you know how many times I told people to shut up? Six. Three times in anger and three times just, 'Ahhh, he didn't want to shut up about things,'" says O'Reilly.

"My program, my house. You're disrespectful in my house, you're putting things out there that are defamatory in my house, you're gonna get taken to the cleaner." http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/23/60minutes/main645202.shtml

O'Really? Only 6 times? -- Michael Pugliese