6. Re: kashmir (was Re: [lbo-talk] Al-Qaeda agents...) (uvj at vsnl.com)

hari.kumar at sympatico.ca hari.kumar at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 12 16:12:00 PDT 2004

Ulhas wrote: 5. If you hold a referendum in Kashmir, there could be similar demands from other parts of India. Sikhs in Punjab and Christians in Meghalaya, Mizoram and Nagaland are in majority. Tamilians can demand a referendum in Tamilnadu. Look at Sri Lanka ! 6. Btw, how do Indian leftists support referendum in Kashmir without doing so elsewhere, say, in Tibet and Xinjiang without destroying their credibility? Don't you know people in India will ask why we have double standards?

Reply to (5): Let us leave aside RELIGION. What about - the Punjabis; what about the Tamils of Madras - India is a multi-national state. _ now that does NOT automatically mean secession is the best proposal, but IF there is a movement there asking for more recognition - what Do you think that portends? Please give us YOUR solutions.

Reply to (6): Bring it on as the good Bush says. WHO exactly are you saying denies those calls. I have plenty of comrades in India that would say the same as me. Hari Kumar

Ulhas