[lbo-talk] Re: Derrida still dead

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Oct 12 19:55:17 PDT 2004

John Bizwas wrote:

>1. First of all, could we try and raise the intelligence levels of
>thread titles? Think about it, thread titles are the face an
>archived discussion list presents to the google-searching world.
>(It's just me trying to be funny, sorry.)

If you contribute something to a thread, you can always change the subject heading. Complaining about the non-action of others isn't always very productive, rather like complaining about others' failure to take up an issue.

>2. Second, would it help to point out that Murdoch OWNS the Times
>Higher Education Supplement, and I think it's a much better
>publication than Chronicles.

True enough, but 1) he didn't start it, and 2) the Times is heavily insulated from Murdoch's influence. The Times excerpted my book, which the NY Post didn't.

Doug