[lbo-talk] Grand Theft Video-Killing prostitutes for fun?

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Tue Oct 12 20:00:49 PDT 2004

I don't know why this is posted here but isn't Grand Theft Auto Vice City the game that "encourages" the player, an Italian Mafioso to pick up a prostitute, beat her up, kill her and steal her money and car? It also "encourages" the player to kill Black and Hispanic drug dealers as well as other Italian Mafia types. While I can understand the appeal of driving the cars through obstacles and pretending to steal them and outrun the authorities I am at a loss as to the entertainment value of racist and misogynistic violence. Is it actually fun to pretend to kill prostitutes by beating them and then shooting them? Am I just being too thin skinned?

John Thornton