[lbo-talk] Nader and His Detractors

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Tue Oct 12 20:39:04 PDT 2004

On Oct 12, 2004, at 9:00 PM, R wrote:

> the dems have their hands full defeating the worst, most flawed
> president in US history, after throwing the last election to him.
> we'll see if they can even do that. if they win, it will be a gift
> based solely on the depravity and corruption of the shrub group, and
> the ill will this engenders in the american people.

No question that the DP is, by and large (and especially at the top), a sorry excuse for a political organization at this point. But the question is: can anything be done with it? Because, like it or not, it's going to be around for a while.

Does anyone have an opinion on the New Democrat Network (http://www.newdem.org/)? Is this a futile gesture, a phony front for some sinister evil force, or something that might go somewhere?

Also, folks should look at what the left blogosphere is doing right now about the Sinclair TV scandal. (Check, for example, Talking Points Memo).

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)