[lbo-talk] Fears of Revenge at End of 40 Days (Beslan)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 04:59:08 PDT 2004

Why oh why is Abdullaev doing staff writing for the MT? He's awesome. He deserves way better.

Fears of Revenge at End of 40 Days

By Yana Voitova and Nabi Abdullaev Special to The Moscow Times

BESLAN, North Ossetia -- As 40 days of mourning end Wednesday, relatives of the hundreds of people killed in the Beslan school massacre are debating whether to seek revenge -- and reopen a festering dispute between the Ossetians and the Ingush.

"There is a lot of aggression and anger in people now. War has come to us, and we need to defend ourselves," Taimuraz Gassiyev, a Beslan resident who carried wounded and maimed children away from the school, said Monday.

After a pause, he added, "But we need to get around this without war."

http://www.moscowtimes.ru/stories/2004/10/13/002.html

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!