[lbo-talk] Nader and His Detractors

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Oct 13 10:25:33 PDT 2004

Yesterday afternoon, I recorded an interview with Tariq Ali, who was visiting NYC, which I'll broadcast during the WBAI fundraiser, Oct 28. He reiterated his emphasis on the importance of defeating Bush (which means electing Kerry) - and dismissed Ralph in the harshest terms, using words like "juvenile" and "narcissistic."

He said he got lots of emails responding to his last appearance on my show, in which he emphasized the importance of defeating Bush (which means electing Kerry). The only hostile ones came from the U.S. Supportive ones came from Latin America, Africa, and Europe. He said American leftists should stop emulating the Bush administration and think not so much of their preferences, but those of the outside world instead.

Much more to come on Oct 28.

Doug