[lbo-talk] run OS X on your Windows machine!

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Wed Oct 13 12:58:26 PDT 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:
> <http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,65323,00.html/wn_ascii>
>
> Now, for Your PC: Mac OS X
> By Leander Kahney
>
> A Hawaiian company specializing in streaming video claims to have
> developed a $50 software emulator that allows a Windows PC to run
> Apple Computer's Mac OS X.
>
> Maui X-Stream on Tuesday announced CherryOS
> <http://www.cherryos.com/>, a virtual PC that mimics the hardware of
> a G4 Mac.

or just run native freeBSD on your x86 PC with KDE or GNOME(*). or if you are really so inclined solaris + java desktop! ;-)

since we are plugging software, can i plug, mozilla/firefox, the open source browser alternatives to IE:

http://www.mozilla.org/

--ravi

(*) if you are not happy with flash etc in linux emulation mode, on freebsd, just run linux instead.