[lbo-talk] No Child left Undrafted

DSR debburz at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 14:02:35 PDT 2004

> Buried deep
> within the
> law's 670 pages, is a provision requiring public secondary schools
> provide military recruiters not only with access to facilities, but
> also
> with contact information for every student -- or face a cutoff of
> all
> federal aid."

Question: Is this entirely new, or what part of it is new? I know that when I was in high school in the 70's and ever since, including my partner's generation and my step-kids' generation, military recruiters were always around, calling on the homes, showing up at homes of high school juniors and seniors, usually with GPAs and other pertinent information already in possession. So what's different now, other than it's inherent suckage?

- Deborah