[lbo-talk] The 'Al Qaeda' Industry

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 17 03:00:26 PDT 2004

--- Michael Dawson <mdawson at pdx.edu> wrote:

> So I suppose that school attack in Russia was a
> hoax, and that Pakistan is
> the land of calm secular democracy? What a dumb
> story.

It's really interesting to see how people have been reacting to Islamist fundamentalism based on their political preconceptions. The Right seems to tend to try to exonerate the West of any wrong-doing whatsoever, and the Left to attempt to blame the whole thing as a reaction to Western policies. (Speaking in very general terms.)

BTW, according to reports in Russia, the Beslan terrorists were on drugs. I'm too lazy to translate the report myself, so I just machine-translated it into Dada-English:

At terrorists in Beslan was narcotic lomka

Judicial-chemical examination of corpses of terrorists, grasping in the beginning of September school in Beslan, has shown, that all of them used drugs. As the assistant to the Public prosecutor of the Russian Federation on Northern Caucasus informed Nikolay Shepel, 22 insurgents by injection entered "heavy" drugs - heroin and morphene.

It was found out, that at some terrorists concentration of drugs in an organism exceeded a fatal doze that speaks that they were addicts with "experience" and during preparation of act of terrorism were on constant additional charging by narcotics.

Besides in opinion of the experts, the received analyses testify, that at a part of gangsters drugs have ended, they were in a condition àáñòèíåíöèè (ëîìêè) which is usually accompanied by aggression and inadequate behaviour, is specified in the message. In opinion of Office of Public Prosecutor, these data allow on new to estimate a situation before a tragic outcome of events in Beslan on September, 3.

Data on that terrorists in Beslan used drugs, have appeared right after clearing of a building at school. For example, near to corpses of snipers syringes have been found out.

http://top.rbc.ru/index.shtml?/news/society/2004/10/17/17130358_bod.shtml

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!