[lbo-talk] rm -R Strauss

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sun Oct 17 19:15:15 PDT 2004

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004, Chuck Grimes wrote:

> Thanks for the kind thoughts...but it wasn't dos. It was freebsd, or
> unix.

Norton Utilities was ported to unix years ago. It was renamed Almond utilities:

I'd look around. There is no reason these undelete and unremove subdirectory commands shouldn't be available in a form that will work on your computer. Maybe you should try posting the query on a freebsd listserv.

As for the missing chapter, if you've got a print-out, I'd be glad to scan it in for you at work. A clean printout will lead to a file that's 99% clean without very little work.

Michael