[lbo-talk] Sinclair

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Mon Oct 18 21:11:24 PDT 2004

It seems they "win" either way. If they show the film, it may lose Kerry some votes from those who are undecided...if they don't show it, they will scream "censorship."

It is just dawning on me that the election is a couple of weeks away. Dwayne's description of his office mate's support for Bush...and the reasons for it are beyond scary. Greek tragedy and most of the twentieth century recount what happens to blind hubris.

The plot begins to resemble Schindler's List more and more, which I have said for years has nothing to do with WWII and everything to do with

the realization that they want us to conceive of the future as a choice between sane capitalists (Kerry/Schindler) and psychopathic capitalists (Bush).

History shows that psychopathic capitalism is fairly short lived....but takes a lot of people with it.

I'll stop now. It just really hasn't been such a terrific day.

Joanna