[lbo-talk] mass insanity

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Wed Oct 20 06:57:32 PDT 2004

This points to a serious problem for the left. We can certainly recognize that there are all kinds of obstacles to reversing the rightward drift of the U.S. population besides ignorance of elementary facts about the system like this, but this sort of ignorance is a huge problem in itself.

What can we do to solve the problem that most people don't have the time, energy, interest, etc., to learn about the tax system, and the economic system in general, that affects their lives? What can we do to combat the "education" that has implanted all sorts of wildly unfactual ideas in people's minds since childhood? (Besides getting as many people to subscribe to LBO as possible, of course -- that goes without saying!)

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax