[lbo-talk] shed a tear for Tucker Carlson

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Wed Oct 20 12:00:21 PDT 2004

>well, this was exactly stewart's point, of course. people have to "be
>who they are", and carlson and begala are not thinkers, they're hacks,
>and that's they're job on that show: not to understand things better,
>not to help other people understand things better, not to learn or
>teach, but to argue with each other for the sake of arguing. that's
>who they are. to do something like change your mind or develop your
>position would be to not "be who [you] are".

Actually, I thought Stewart's point was not that these two aren't thinkers, but that they are merely performing drama, rather than asking real questions and being their real selves. They are NOT being who they really are, Stewart said, but merely posing as their real selves. They are peddling phony "debate" that is really staged according to the demands of the politicians and corporations, a.k.a., the ruling class.

What Stewart knows is that Carlson is actually a right-wing pseudo-intellectual turd, a George Will junior, and Begala is a mere DP mouthpiece, and Clintonoid cling-on hack.