[lbo-talk] Re: antidemocratic

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 16:30:30 PDT 2004

Doug's 'example' of Bernstein saying D'Amato 'runs the world' is patently false and ridiculous and it is amazing that anyone would repeat it and accept it at face value without checking the fact. The depth of hypocrisy and double standard of the anti-conspiracy theory brigade is astounding. You guys go on about the "overestima[tion of] the ability of those in power to control events" when there are many well known examples of those in power doing just that - but these are not viewed as 'conspiracy theory'. That Jeb Bush and the Republican Party machinery (those in power) deployed their power and influence to impac the 2000 election is not viewed as a conspiracy theory,. That 'those - with access to - power' used their influence to determine the Supreme Court's 'selection' of George Bush as Pres. is not viewed as a 'conspiracy theory', that the Republican Party and its friends at Diebold may indeed manipualte the vote in the upcoming election is not viewed as conspiracy theory - that 19 Arabs who barely knew how to fly simulators allegedly evaded the Unted States' awesome security apparatus without any inside help, to carry out their attacks - coordinated from a cave in Afghanistan is not viewed as a 'conspiracy theory'.

As to the Robert Scheer report - Doug, you act as though you have seen the report in question and know what is says. The idea that they simply 'fucked up' is presuming knowledge of what the report says. If people fucked up, why has no one been fired. Furthermore, what does 'fucked up' mean exactly - does that mean simply sleeping at your desk, does that include providing critical intelligence information to the 'enemy' - we already know from testimony or statements by Indira Singh and Sibel Edmonds that whatever secrets are held by the CIA and FBI about 9-11 are not simply matters of people having fucked up but are matters of at the very least serious criminal behavior and subterfuge, involving drug smuggling and money laundering that implicated people within the banking and national security establishment.

Doug and Co. go on about how things are really more complicated than 'conspiracy theorists' will allow and then shy away from oloking at these very same complaxities. Anybosy who wades into 9-11 research will quickly realize that one is dealing with a very, very, complex array of people, institutions, countries and dynamics. Other than regurtitating the official conspiracy theory about 9-11, I never see Doug & Co. taking an open minded look at the complxities of 9-11 or the war on terror for that matter. Here is a telling exerpt from a recent interview with former FBI translator and non-conspiracist Sibel Edmonds:

http://baltimorechronicle.com/050704SibelEdmonds.shtml

"Sibel Edmonds: The most significant information that we were receiving did not come from counter-terrorism investigations, and I want to emphasize this. It came from counter-intelligence, and certain criminal investigations, and issues that have to do with money laundering operations.

You get to a point where it gets very complex, where you have money laundering activities, drug related activities, and terrorist support activities converging at certain points and becoming one. In certain points - and they [the intelligence community] are separating those portions from just the terrorist activities. And, as I said, they are citing "foreign relations" which is not the case, because we are not talking about only governmental levels. And I keep underlining semi-legit organizations and following the money. When you do that the picture gets grim. It gets really ugly."