[lbo-talk] Our Magical President: Wm. Gibson Reaches Critical Mass

Duncan M. Clark dclark at ptd.net
Wed Oct 20 18:52:22 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, October 20, 2004 at 9:22:37 PM, snit snat wrote:

> Sharlet argues that Shrubya is really a New Age Christianist:

[Found this interesting: Gibson has been blogging since Jan. 2003. Until last week, he'd mentioned Bush - offhandedly - exactly twice. Now, in the last 7 days, he's devoted 10 of 11 entries to the Shrubya.]

[..]

Aside from the fact that, as we professionals know, it's inherently more difficult to imagine things getting relatively unfucked than it is to imagine things getting more fucked but in a familiar direction, I found myself wondering whether that Bush-as-idiot-shaman essay I quoted here recently might not be literally true, in some ghastly Castanedan way? Could it be that the obscenely comforting narrowing of imaginative bandwith (the real payoff in becoming a Bushite believer) was actually changing the world, or threatening to, via its chilling effect on concensus-reality?

[..]

http://www.williamgibsonbooks.com/blog/2004_10_01_archive.asp#109829877881309041

-- Best regards,

DMC mailto:dclark at ptd.net