[lbo-talk] "antidemocratic"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Oct 21 13:59:23 PDT 2004

Joseph Wanzala wrote:

>Hey doug, Dennis Bernstein here. why are you making this crap up.
>Please forward site, date, source and context of interview with me
>regarding D'Amato. Written? Radio? I did write a cover story for the
>Bay Guardian that was syndicated by PNS and Alternet. Did you find
>any flaws with these widely distributed pieces. respects, db
>
>Doug, it is pretty obvious that you either misunderstood Dennis'
>question or
>are deliberately misrepresenting what he said. I will make it a point to
>search the KPFA Archives and post a transcript of the interview here -
>with
>an audio file.

I have no interest in misrepresenting DB. How the fuck am I supposed to remember the "date, source, and context" (other than the fact that it was a phoner with KPFA) of an interview that happened something like eight years ago? What I do remember is being appalled at DB's conception of power - that one individual, in this case D'Amato, could exercise so much control over so many things. It's very similar to your conception of power, JW, and I can understand why you're bosom buddies.

Doug