[lbo-talk] Re: Florida Voters: Perplexed

hari.kumar at sympatico.ca hari.kumar at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 21 16:32:09 PDT 2004

Doug: "An acquaintance just moved to Florida and had some fun registering to vote. He and his wife filled out the forms, and declared themselves as Dems. ...then it's no signatures. They went over to the registrar's office to see the forms - the signatures had been cut off. Registrants argued, and the clerk agreed to re-register them and hand over the ID cards on the spot. How much of this is going on?"

Question: I am quite aware that this is sort of a common problem - what as an outsider I do not get - is how is this not developing into a citizens legal case? It seems the abuses are so profound & wisdespread. Is it just a lack of $$; or Wishing to avoid the pain of things like courts etc; what?

I can understand the lack of the Democratic Party - taking up such problems (exemplified as I understand the matter at the last election) - but how comes it is not taken by Mr & Mrs USA Joe & Joan? Slightly Perplexed, Hari