[lbo-talk] Doodling on Punctuated Equilibrium [Fwd: Re:...

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Fri Oct 22 02:16:18 PDT 2004

The people who share our principles are out there, and reaching them around programs in which they can actively participate (as opposed to the passivity of voting out of desperation for someone whose principles they oppose) is the task of leftists today. That task is furthered both by the MWM and the Nader campaign; it is frustrated by the despairing surrender of so many leftists to the ABB.

Carrol

Who is surrendering?

The class struggle is like a boxing match. Right now, our class is not mounting much of an offense, so we go into the ring with our guards up. To put our chin out and attempt an attack in this weak position is to risk a knock-out.

We can deal with our opponent better when we have the class conscious resolve to do so. Until then, we're fighting a defensive battle. That's what this election is about. It's not about throwing the fight.

It's about staying in the fight for the next round.

Regards, Mike B)

===== omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis all things change, and we change with them

http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal