[lbo-talk] compare & contrast

DSR debburz at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 23 11:20:59 PDT 2004

> I don't blame Fallows for not wanting to fill the vacuum of solid,
> publicly available data with speculation but the swiftness with
> which he
> put forward that (rather weak I think) Bush-is-just-uncomfortable
> idea
> was interesting.

Interesting, but I don't buy it. It doesn't jibe with the gubernatorial Bush that I or others that encountered Bush regularly remember. If anything, Gub.Bush was known for his chameleon-like persona that was at home in East Coast, West Coast and Third Coast environments equally. He played to the crowd. He still does, but I suspect he's gotten direct orders to play "common" more than anything.

While the dementia bit is also interesting, does anyone know if there is a history of such in his family? And what about the idea that as he's become more and more controlled by Rove & Co., he's given less and less freedom to speak without a live feed in his ear (or up his arse - Hmmph)?

The mind boggles.

- Deborah

*********** "Now there's a woman who knows how to hate."

- Richard Nixon commenting on Barbara Bush