[lbo-talk] compare & contrast

Gregory Geboski greg at mail.unionwebservices.com
Sat Oct 23 15:35:21 PDT 2004

Dwayne Monroe noted:

<< At one point the interviewer, apparently struck by this obvious loss of sharpness, asked Fallows about the possibility of pre-senile dementia. >>

Wow, on NPR? Their interviewers aren't known for taking those kind of chances.

>Doug posted:
>
><http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/video1/BushTenYrs4MB.mov >

An acquaintance has been sending this around for about a week. I wondered to him, Why assume pre-senile dementia? On this evidence, I could just as easily suspect that Bush was high as a kite during public appearances in Texas (helps with the confidence, gets that mouth motoring) but has to hold back on the self-medication in the White House fishbowl.

When you get right down to it, at this point it doesn't matter if they secretly wrap W in wet sheets every night and leave him screaming in that famous bowling alley in the White House basement. His mad (organically-driven or, more likely, not) policies are in place all up and down the federal government, and a culture of fear and protection has developed around them.

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:14:04 -0400