[lbo-talk] Editorial scoreboard

jeff sommers sommers at apollo.lv
Sun Oct 24 11:44:12 PDT 2004

Daily Endorsement Tally: On 'Super Sunday,' Kerry Makes Huge Gains

By Greg Mitchell

Published: October 23, 2004 updated continually

New York Senator John Kerry continued his raid on newspapers that backed President George W. Bush in 2000, grabbing 17 new "flip-flops," as well as The Washington Post. He has now won over at least 28 papers that went for Bush in 2000, while Bush has only earned two Gore papers.

However, Bush got a real prize in Ohio, the Columbus Dispatch.

Kerry now leads Bush 112-69 in endorsements in E&P's exclusive tally, and by about 14.4 million to 8.6 million in the circulation of backing papers.

Full text at...

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content _id=1000683265