[lbo-talk] Russian Communists admit big loss of support at poorly-attended plenum

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun Oct 24 12:38:42 PDT 2004

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:55:12 -0700 (PDT) Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Yeah. It's not very good politics being the Party if
> Implacable Opposition when the president has an
> approval rating of 80% and living standards are
> rising.

The other thing too is that they haven't been offering any real alternative to Putin and his policies. We saw what happened in this country in the 2002 midterm elections when the Democrats didn't even make a pretension of offering an alternative to Bush's policies. The Russian CP might be the Party of Implacable Opposition but they are also very much the Loyal Opposition and that they doesn't play very well when you fail to offer any real alternative to the politicians in power.