[lbo-talk] JDK runs on FreeBSD!!!

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Oct 24 16:15:36 PDT 2004

On Oct 24, 2004, at 1:44 PM, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> The late (and in many quarters lamented) Red Hat 9.0 and more recent
> Red Hat Workstation are very easy to install and use on a standard PC.
> Similarly, SUSE Linux's installation and use are fairly
> straightforward too.

But my point is that I already have a Mac, which is supposedly based on BSD, so why would I have to switch to Linux? It would be a waste of money. Why isn't this open source stuff ready to run right out out of the box, or right after downloading, on the Mac?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax