[lbo-talk] Prop. 62 Would Squelch Third Parties in California

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Mon Oct 25 21:12:09 PDT 2004

On Oct 25, 2004, at 10:49 PM, Bill Bartlett wrote:

> The more you think about it, the more impossible it seems to achieve
> any meaningful reform of the US electoral system. Within the system
> that is.

Quite true. Which is why I am amazed that third party advocates are forever hopeful that their earnest efforts will amount to something.

Third parties are basically, at their most successful, a kind of pressure group. And there are all sorts of pressure groups, some a lot easier to organize.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)