[lbo-talk] Prop. 62 Would Squelch Third Parties in California

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Tue Oct 26 09:37:45 PDT 2004

Ok, but why no mention? I'm not saying they could can it today, but why no mention, especially in such an age of mass cynicism? And, why not use the mention to point out that W. lost the popular vote last time? I think it's a very telling omission by the DP.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 8:24 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Prop. 62 Would Squelch Third Parties in California

Michael Dawson wrote:

>Why no mention of the
>Electoral College by your party of social betterment?

It would be nearly impossible to abolish without scrapping the whole damn constitution. Not that that's a bad thing, but that would be a revolutionary change.