[lbo-talk] Vive Jacques, Le Moor ! Vive la differance !

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Tue Oct 26 12:51:01 PDT 2004

From: "Carl Remick"

Hey, I'm all for ambiguity. It's one of the reasons I like Emerson so much. But I think there's a big difference between the skillful use of ambiguity to catalyze insight in the reader and the indiscriminate use of skepticism that simply breeds deep confusion in the reader -- which seems to have been Derrida's net contribution to the world. Mais comme en dit en francais, chacun a son gout.

Carl

^^^^^

CB: Frere Jacques bred deep confusion with the aim of overthrowing capitalism, n'est-ce pas ?