[lbo-talk] Prop. 62 Would Squelch Third Parties in California

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Tue Oct 26 17:14:51 PDT 2004

-the election in Florida.'" Of course they didn't shut JJ up completely-- noone could dream of doing that. But the only thing NN's quote shows is--absence of the word "steal" in any of its forms or synonyms. And that "mass lawsuit" vanished without a trace, of course.

>-In December it threw the recount by refusing
>-to contest the disfranchisement of thousands of Black voters. In
>-January 2001 every single Democratic Senator refused the pleas
>-of Black representatives to challenge the theft politically.
>

>No one "threw the recount."...

The only things challenged were the "chads," not the uncounted votes.

> The Dems didn't have the votes to win the
>vote. It's delusionary to claim that the Democrats had 51 votes that could
>have changed the outcome.

In fact they had 50 Senators plus the Senate's President (Gore).

> Remember, even if they rejected the Florida
ballots, that would have just thrown the election into the House where the
>Republicans still would have won.

That's as maybe. But at worst a real fight would have effectively discredited the Republicons politically and deprived the Bushits of any legitimacy whatsoever, internationally and even domestically.

>So are you really claiming that Paul Wellstone conspired to help elect
>George W. Bush President?...

Far be it from me to defame the sainted Paul. But the fact is that *all* the Senate Dumbocrats "conspired" to *legitimize* the Bushit regime.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos