[lbo-talk] JDK runs on FreeBSD!!!

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Tue Oct 26 18:35:40 PDT 2004

Chuck Grimes wrote:

> Try this. While writing your answer, think of the number of times some
> capitalist's cash register goes `cling' during the activities you must
> perform to answer my post.

Apropos of everything and nothing (there's the nihilist in me rising to the fore), this immediately brings to mind something Henry Mancini said to an audience here in Minneapolis back in the early '90s. In reference to the innumerable "light" compositions he wrote over the years for movies, TV and the like, some of which were on the program that night at Orchestra Hall, he pointed out - I'm paraphrasing here - that "every time you hear one of those little ditties on the radio, in an elevator, at the supermarket... I hear a little 'ka-ching' that makes me happy."

--

/ dave /