[lbo-talk] Re: Butler on Derrida

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 23:22:14 PDT 2004

--- Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote: If that is the great discovery it looks like a mountain laboring mightily to give birth to a mouse. That is not even Wittgenstein's _Philosophical Investigations_, it's Linguistics 101.

The incomprehensible jargon of many continental writers is an old trick of looking profound to those who are too insecure to ask "what the f___ does that mean?"

---

Wittgenstein never used incomprehensible jargon, of course. The Tractatus is a marvel of clear intelligibility.

I think a lot of the "X was too unclear of a writer for me to read" is another way of saying "I was too fucking lazy to make the effort to understand what X was saying."

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!