[lbo-talk] Re: Butler on Derrida

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 13:26:26 PDT 2004

Thanks for the clarification of W's sisters situation.

The Monk bio is good, but I haven't read it in years. I like the story about why Sraffa stopped talking to W. (I actually met Sraffa in 1980-81.)

Analytical and Continental phil: My friend Brian Leiter, a Nietzsche scholar who is a law prof at Texas and who went to grad school with me at Michigan, thus receiving the analytical training I got, has a discussion of this on his website. He thinks that analytical training is the best preparation for reading Continental philosophy.

jks