[lbo-talk] JDK runs on FreeBSD!!

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Thu Oct 28 04:46:15 PDT 2004

On Oct 28, 2004, at 3:08 AM, joanna bujes wrote:

> Yes and No. It's the Cuba phenomenon. How does Cuba threaten anyone?
> Sme thing here. Open Source sets a very bad example so far as Capital
> is concerned.

Yeah, that's part of it, and part of what either James Heartfield or James the communist banker said earlier, about the need to make some demands which are visionary, because you don't know when people are gong to hear one and say "Yes!" and go out and demand it, and partly that it's good to remind people that their are ways to work which are not the ways we know now. My subjective observation is that working with open technologies is simply more satisfying than working with closed technologies. I don't put much weight on that argument--it's strictly my opinion, based on an unusual background--but I do put some weight on it coming from other people.

All the best,

John A