[lbo-talk] Eminem and fascism??

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Oct 28 07:56:03 PDT 2004

At 10:19 AM 10/28/2004, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>Kelley divulged:
> > 'uh, I think you're over reacting. I'm the person who brought it up and I
> > love MM for this so much that I personally service him with a lifetime
> > supply of hummers. sheesh. not that he'd actually _want_ them but you get
> > my point, yah?
>
>Why do people who proudly espouse an ideology whose hallmarks are
>rationalism, historical materialism, and egalitarianism engage in celebrity
>cults?

huh? It was just a joke. Earlier this year, when Dwayne Monroe said something I totally loved--it was well-written and, well, just beautiful 'coz I like Dwayne's writing-- it reminded me of the way we would kid around at a catering place where i used to work. When someone did us a favor or made some tasty dish or just said something exceedingly hilarious about some boss or cranky customer, we'd say, "I'd give you a blow job for that."

So, it was just my way of saying I liked the video. It pleased me. And, b/c others here knew the joke, I knew it'd make them laugh. :)

And, it's especially fun because there are hummers...and then there are hummers.

Now, I'm starting to feel dissed because apparently Doug still thinks I didn't like the video b/c of my comment about fascism. So, in spite of cracking this joke three times (mostly to amuse myself) and indicate that I enjoyed the vid, it pleased me just like F9/11 did (made me cry, actually, but I prolly needed to have a good cry this week), doug either thinks I'm lying or he doesn't think my hummers are such a great prize. Now, obviously, he will never personally know but I could at least be given the benefit of a doubt.

*grin*

just pushin' your foot, Doug!

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling