[lbo-talk] Eminem and fascism??

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Thu Oct 28 11:38:52 PDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joel Wendland" <joelrw at hotmail.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 9:29 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Eminem and fascism??

Maybe it's just that Eminem is Derrida. Perhaps if he rapped about floating signifiers and differance it would please the LBO crowd. Oh wait, Derrida defended Paul De Man's nazi symapthies didn't he?

Joel Wendland

Oooh, following the above form of argument means that Aristotle is unworthy of study and was a worthless scoundrel for being an apologist for slavery. And Plato is unworthy of study because he's the philosophical godfather of political authoritarianism which means that dialectics.......oh, wait, maybe we don't want to go there. The above argument also means we shouldn't use computers because a lot of the theoretical work was done by physicists, philosophers and computer theorists who were male chauvinists, held reactionary political views re communism etc. etc. Smart people can be dumb as a box of rocks sometimes, oh darn.

Ian