[lbo-talk] Re: i, thou, and all those others

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Thu Oct 28 11:57:07 PDT 2004

"...Whether red Sox won or lost, what Hitchens said or did not say, or what Eminem sings about the US elections does not change even the smallest thing in how I, or people I know live their everyday lives..."

subjectively true, but, except for hitchens, objectively, the redsox and eminem have a great impact on how many of "them" live their everyday lives...

that problem in balancing subjective-objective reality, supposedly covered by at least some academic classes, even before graduate school, is a big part of why "we" have so little impact on "them"...

and by the way, 2 cheers for the sox, 3 for eminem, and fuck hitchens.

fs