[lbo-talk] The Coming Post-Election Chaos

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Oct 29 12:04:23 PDT 2004

Seth Ackerman sethia at speakeasy.net, Fri Oct 29 10:30:27 PDT 2004:
>>This is based on a pure stock-market kind of contrarianism, but
>>since everyone thinks the pres elec is going to be a squeaker beset
>>with controversy, I have a strong suspicion someone's going to win
>>decisively and everyone will be surprised.
>>Doug
>funny, I've been thinking the same thing.

If either wins decisively, I'll welcome it, too, for I'll be rid of at least one annoying sort of Democratic Party hirelings. For the last month or so, we (Columbus activists) have been plugging the November 3rd demonstration to Bring the Troops Home and End the Occupations Now, Whoever Gets Elected at the Federal Building, 5-6 PM: <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20041011/023041.html>. Over the last couple of days, though, the Ohio Indyvoter contact guy (a young man at Bowling Green) has been bugging us to get a permit for a demonstration from 3 PM at the Statehouse to ensure "No Stolen Election." We invited his crowd to join us, since we had put out the call for a November 3rd action much sooner than they did, but they still want to hold a separate event. That's fine with us (though I thought that's rather sectarian), but why he expects us to get a permit for them for a competing rally on the same day is a mystery. He called me again very early this morning, but I don't intend to return the phone call. I already gave him the phone number of the person in charge of issuing permits for use of the Statehouse lawn, and that's more than I should have. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * OSU-GESO: <http://www.osu-geso.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>