[lbo-talk] Because Getting Rid of Bush is Just the Beginning...

Cactus Pat cactuspat1 at istal.com
Sat Oct 30 04:09:02 PDT 2004

http://beyondvoting.org/article.php?id=43

November 2: To the Polls! Nov 3: To the Streets!

Because Getting Rid of Bush is Just the Beginning...

When your government has troops stationed around the world, lets big corporations write the rules of the global economy, and pushes racist policies that promote fear, undermine civil liberties, and rip off working people, you are living in an EMPIRE! Empire is as system of global control that combines international aggression with domestic repression to create a deeply undemocratic world. This year we are going to see a swell in voter turnout everywhere to take this country in a different direction. But even so, our votes--if we are able to vote at all--will not restore justice, give health care to all, or end US empire. On the day after the presidential election, people from all walks of life across America are mobilizing in their communities to go beyond voting and demonstrate visions for a truly democratic society: town hall meetings, popular assemblies, educational events, actions against corporate criminals, and emergency demonstrations in case of another stolen election...

Also see - This Time We're Watching - http://www.ttww.org/watch/index.shtml

This Time We’re Watching is a project of the Truth Force Training Center , League of Pissed Off Voters and The Ruckus Society.

Many additional organizations are endorsing the project, using our trainings, and preparing to mobilize their members to prevent a stolen election and to hold the real winner accountable. This broad and loosely affiliated network includes grassroots organizations, poor people’s organizations, people of color and immigrants’s groups, LGBT organizations, public policy groups, legal organizations, unions, houses of worship, training organizations, and more.

To include your organization, click http://www.ttww.org/watch/join.htm

What We’re Doing

Our goal is to support existing election protection work with one more stop-gap measure: preparing, community-based rapid mobilizations in the event of:

broad voting rights violations on election day, and/or disputes over the legitimate winner of the presidential election

and to hold the next president accountable to the principles of peace and justice.