[lbo-talk] on-line banking

Kenneth MacKendrick kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 1 10:16:08 PDT 2004

All positive. I've been online banking since the inception of online banking and I've never had a problem (as a former employee of the Bank of Montreal - can't say anything about ING direct). However, if you read the fine print of most contracts it says something like "we're not responsible for ANYTHING that happens to your account via cybercrime." Whenever I had the opportunity I spoke with several security experts at BMO meetings (this was about 10 years ago) and put the question to them: do you use online banking? All of them categorically said "No, it isn't safe." However, I've never had a problem, and find it most convenient to pay my bills whenever I remember to. Speaking of which, I just paid my water, electricity, credit card, gas, cable, and phone bill before sending this message. It took all of 5 minutes - it also gives me an update on my student loan and you can apply for a mortage online, sign up for RRSPs... I don't even have a bank branch anymore - since they've closed the branch at the University and the two nearest to where I live (Winnipeg).

ken

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of joanna bujes Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 11:49 AM To: lbo Subject: [lbo-talk] on-line banking

Anyone have any experience, positive/negative, with online banking, like ING direct? Please write back.

Thanks,

Joanna