[lbo-talk] on-line banking

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Sep 1 15:59:40 PDT 2004

At 05:08 PM 9/1/2004, Miles Jackson wrote:

>On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, John Thornton wrote:
>
> > Run away from on-line banking, at least for your primary account for the
> > time being. I've lost much money that has simply disappeared into foreign
> > accounts and is not recoverable according to both the authorities and the
> > banking institution I use.

sounds like you got phished.

>What a nightmare! I use the on-line services of my local teacher's
>credit union, and I haven't had any problems like this. Excellent
>service, no security problems, lower fees than for-profit banks:
>credit unions are another spitwad in the bloviating face of the
>"capitalism-always-leads-to-the-most-efficient-allocation-of-resources"
>crowd.
>
>Miles

My clients are all Big Ass Banks. As Ken said, their own security people won't use online banking b/c they know how unsafe it is. That said, I've used it, though I don't now because I spend so !%&)&% in front of a computer, the last thing I want to do is spend some more time in front of one!

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'